3 Apr, 20230
How to Grow a Kratom Tree
- Is Kratom a Plant or a Tree?
- Is it best to Grow Kratom from Seeds or Cuttings?
- What is the Best Soil for Kratom Seedlings
- How Long Does it Take to Grow Kratom?
- A Recap: Growing Kratom at Home
- Your Trusted Source for all Things Kratom
Is Kratom a Plant or a Tree?
Kratom plants are trees, occasionally growing over 50 feet (30.5 m.) in height. The Kratom tree (Mytragina speciosa) grows in wild and lush tropical environments like the jungles of Thailand, Indonesia, and Bali. These regions’ humidity approaches 100%, and ambient temperatures rarely drop below 60º. This geography alone presents one of the biggest challenges to growing kratom.
Is it Best to Grow Kratom from Seeds or Cuttings?
Kratom can be grown from seed, but the germination rate is meager between 10 and 20 percent. Therefore, the success rate depends on whether the seeds are very fresh. They are best planted straight from the tree before they dry out. If you plant seeds, plant enough kratom seeds in a large container to increase the chances of getting a single viable seedling.
The best way to grow a Kratom tree is by getting a cutting from it. When you start with a cutting, you’ve won half the battle and can begin to nurture your kratom plant. In addition, this saves you a lot of time watching to see if any seeds will germinate.
Getting a cutting direct from a mature kratom tree is your best bet. But if a trip to Southeast Asia is not possible, many companies sell cuttings. In addition, you can promote the growth of roots by adding a root stimulator powder available at any garden store. First, water your starter plant with half a cup of distilled water daily. Then add a teaspoon of salt to the water. Once roots reach a few inches long, you can plant the seedling into a soil container.
What is the Best Soil for Kratom Seedlings?
Soil plays a critical role in the successful growth of the plant. Therefore, it should have rich and fertile properties, good drainage, and a pH between 5.5 and 6.5. Peat moss, vermiculture and organic material should comprise the soil mixture. Remember, you’re trying to recreate rich, moist, organic jungle soil!
How Long Does it Take to Grow Kratom?
Whether planting kratom from seed or purchasing cuttings, you’ll probably have to wait quite a long time before you can harvest a leaf. First, the plant must be relatively large to begin picking leaves off the tree without causing harm. Second, the strength of the alkaloids increases exponentially as the tree ages, so leaves from young trees, while having some alkaloids, do not have the strength and complexity of those from mature trees. It can take about three or four years before the tree gets large enough for any harvesting. But don’t despair; once established, it’ll rapidly grow to 20 feet under optimal conditions in the first four years!
After that, you can trim your plant if it’s getting too large, and of course, you can enjoy using the leaves you trim in the process. In the meantime, your best bet continues to be buying kratom from online sources where you can not only find various strains, extracts, and capsules.
A ReCap: Growing Kratom at Home
Growing kratom plants at home is a rewarding experience. But it takes patience and fortitude! And once you’ve got a plant at least thriving, you can sit back and enjoy the long wait till harvest time!
- Choose a suitable container to grow your plants. But first, make sure there are plenty of drainage holes.
- Ensure your soil mix contains peat moss, vermiculture and organic material to give your seeds the best chance of germination.
- Cover the container with plastic sheeting (with a few air holes) to create a hot and humid microclimate.
- Keep it in a warm place with plenty of indirect sunshine or artificial light.
- If lucky, at least one in five kratom seeds will germinate. You can then nurse your kratom seedling to a mature plant like any houseplant.
- Young plants benefit by being in a greenhouse under artificial lighting for at least six months after sprouting. However, while young, the kratom plant is vulnerable. It requires lots of water and lots of nutrients. Therefore, keeping your plants under synthetic greenhouse conditions until they build up some strength will ensure long-term success.
Kingdom Kratom – Your Trusted Source for All Things Kratom
While planting kratom seeds may sound like an exciting venture, buying your favorite blends online is quick and easy, and with Kingdom Kratom, you know you’re getting quality products.
Kingdom Kratom takes immense pride in providing quality kratom to consumers throughout the United States. Since 2017, we’ve vetted the best farms worldwide to offer you the most potent, pure selection possible. The farmers we partner with are considered in the upper echelon of their craft. They use the time-honored traditions of kratom farming – growing their plants deep in the jungles of Southeast Asia and waiting until full maturity to harvest them.
At that point, the fresh leaves are ground and shipped to us for testing before we sell you the Red Bali Kratom Power. As a result, you can enjoy complete peace of mind by placing your order with us today. You can find all the major strains – from Bali kratom, Bentuangie kratom, Borneo kratom, horn kratom, Thai kratom, Malay kratom, and more.
Same-day shipping is free for all orders placed by 1 pm Central time. Find out what kratom can do for you with no risk with our 30-Day 100% Money Back Guarantee. Contact our team by phone/text at 1-210-966-9266 or by email for more information or to place an order.