13 Jan, 20220
Kratom Honey Balls
Kratom, or Mitragyna speciosa, is a tree grown in Southeast Asia. Its leaves are crushed and used as a stimulant in low doses and as a sedative and analgesic in higher doses. The alkaloids in its leaves, mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine, interact with the opioid receptors in the brain to cause the desired effects. The vein and strain of Kratom determine these alkaloid properties.
Kratom does, however, have a leafy, bitter taste that some people don’t enjoy. This bitterness is caused by the alkaloid content in the leaf, so the more alkaloids present, the more bitter it will taste. If you aren’t a fan of the taste of Kratom, you can mask it or consume it in various ways to make it more palatable, such as in a tea.
In this article, we’ll look at one pleasant way of consuming Kratom: in the form of honey balls.
Kratom honey ball recipe
A Kratom honey ball is just that— Kratom mixed with honey and shaped into a ball. They are an easy and convenient way of taking Kratom that can mask the bitterness entirely. Because they don’t have the gel shell of a capsule, they allow the Kratom to be more quickly and easily absorbed in the stomach. You can make a batch and freeze them too.
What you’ll need:
- Kratom of choice (see dosage guidelines below)
- Parchment paper
- Medium-sized mixing bowl
- Measure out your Kratom dosage.
- Add a few drops of honey and mix very well. It should form a thick and grainy paste.
- If it’s too dry, add another drop or two of honey. If it’s too wet, add some more Kratom powder and take note of how much you add.
- You can either spread the mixture on the parchment paper and roll it into an oblong tube or you can roll individual balls of the mixture with your hands and place them on the paper.
- If you choose to make an oblong tube, open the parchment paper and cut the tube into your desired portion sizes.
Customizing your Kratom balls
If you are a vegan or just don’t like honey, you can substitute the honey for peanut butter. Melted chocolate and chocolate spread also work well.
The great thing about Kratom balls is that you can make a big batch and freeze them for use later.
For the above recipe, the portion size will affect how much Kratom you have in each ball. If, for example, you put 30 grams of Kratom in your mixture and your usual dosage is 3 grams of Kratom, you would make 10 balls from the mixture.
Here is a guide to Kratom dosage recommendations. If you’re new to Kratom, we recommend starting with a low dosage and increasing it gradually.
- Microdose: less than 2 g—take for a mildly stimulating effect in place of your morning cup of coffee.
- Low to medium dose: 2-6 g—take for a stimulating, energizing, or euphoric effect.
- High dose: over 6 g—take for pain relief and a calming and sedative effect.
- Heavy dose: over 8 g—take for pain relief and a calming and sedative effect. This is too strong for most people.
A rough guide to measuring your dose is 1 rounded teaspoon = 2.5-3.5 g and 1 rounded tablespoon = 6-8 g. Or you could use a scale for accuracy.
Our team of passionate experts here at Kingdom Kratom is available to answer your questions about your Kratom dosage and which Kratom to choose for your honey balls. We also offer Kratom sample packs so you can determine which one is the best fit for you.